FileZilla is a free, open source FTP client for Windows.
Features of FileZilla
- Site Manager The site manager allows a user to create a list of FTP sites along with their connection data, such as the port number to use, the protocol to use, and whether to use anonymous or normal logon. For normal logon, the username is saved and optionally the password.
- Message Log The message log is displayed along the top of the window. It displays the console-type output showing the commands sent by FileZilla and the remote server’s responses.
- File and Folder view The file and folder view, displayed under the message log, provides a graphical interface for FTP. Users can navigate folders and view and alter their contents on both the local and remote machines using an Explorer-style tree interface. Users can drag and drop files between the local and remote computers.
- Transfer Queue The transfer queue, displayed along the bottom of the window, shows the real-time status of each queued or active file transfer.
- Ability to resume Uploads/Downloads (if the server supports it).
- Custom Commands.
- Keep Alive system.
- Timeout detection.
- Firewall support.
- Drag & Drop, SOCKS4/5 and HTTP1.1 Proxy support, SSL secured connections, SFTP support, Multi-language support, GSS authentication and encryption using Kerberos.