Mozilla released Thunderbird 2.0 is with a bunch of great features. Thunderbird is the best chosen free email client for most of the people. And with the release of its version 2.0 more people will be attracted to this award winning email client, because of its Great features.
Have a look at these new features of Thunderbird
- Message Tags: You can create your own tags for organizing email. Messages can be assigned any number of tags. Tags can be combined with saved searches and mail views to make it easier to organize email.
- Advanced Folder Views: Customize the folder pane to show favorite, unread or recent folders.
- Session History Navigation: Back and Forward buttons allow navigation through message history.
- Visual Theme: Thunderbird 2’s theme and user interface have been updated to improve usability and maximize screen real estate.
- Windows Vista Support: Many enhancements and fixes for Windows Vista.
- Improved New Mail Notification Alerts: New mail alerts include information such as the subject, sender and message preview text.
- Access to Popular Web Mail Services: Gmail and .Mac users can access their accounts in Thunderbird by simply providing their user names and passwords.
- Folder Summary Popups: Mouse over a folder with new messages to see a summary of the new messages in that folder.
- Saved Search Folder Performance: Search results for saved search folders are now cached, improving folder loading performance.
- Find As You Type: Finds and highlights message text as you type.
- Improved Filing Tools: Recent folder menu items for moving and copying messages to recently used folders. Move / Copy again functionality.
- Improved Support For Extensions: Extensions can now add custom columns to the message list pane in addition to storing custom message data in the mail database.
- Updates to the Extension System: The extension system has been updated to provide enhanced security and to allow for easier localization of extensions.
System Requirements for Thunderbird 2.0
- Operating Systems
- Windows: Thunderbird support following versions of windows.
- Linux: Most of the distributors provide their on package for the distribution.
- Mac: Mac OS X 10.2.x and later
- Minimum Hardware Requirements
- Pentium 233 MHz (Recommended: Pentium 500MHz or greater)
- 64 MB RAM (Recommended: 128 MB RAM or greater)
- Intel x86 or PowerPC G3, G4, or G5 processor
- 128 MB RAM (Recommended: 256 MB RAM or greater)
Download Thunderbird 2.0.0