Jailbreaking iOS running devices is the method employed for removing the controls, restrictions and limitations, imposed by Apple, by exploiting the hardware or software bugs. Most common devices that are jailbroken include the iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, and second generation Apple TV.
Benefits of Jailbreaking (Why you should Jailbreak)
- Jailbreaking permits root access to the iOS operating system, for apps and users.
- This also allows the download of many other apps, extensions, and themes that are unavailable through the official Apple App Store.
- It helps you use your iPhone or iPad as a portable wifi hotspot for sharing internet with your other internet devices.
- You can share your files and photos to non iOS devices using Bluetooth
Risks of Jailbreaking (Why should not Jailbreak)
- Your Apple warranty will be void, if you jailbreak your iOS device
- You will be breaking all the inbuilt security features available in your device
- You might end up bricking your device, if you make any mistake during jailbreak
- Your device will be more vulnerable to malware, trojans and viruses.
- It might pave a way for unauthorized apps to modify your iOS device settings, and also steal your sensitive information.
I think, once you keep your data backed up, you can give a try with Jailbreaking and experience freedom like Android, thereafter!.